Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
University of Maryland, College Park, Bachelor of Arts
Robert J. Girard II
Robert J. Girard II, a founding partner of Girard Bengali, APC, has more than 15 years of experience in the areas of securities litigation, securities arbitration and employment disputes. He represents clients in Los Angeles, California, and throughout the state.
Before law school, Mr. Girard first completed his undergraduate education at the University of Maryland, College Park, in 1996. He then went on to attend the Seton Hall University School of Law, from where he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor in 2001. He was admitted to practice law in California in 2001. Following law school, Mr. Girard worked at two different major law firms in Los Angeles, specializing in securities arbitration and litigation. His skill and determination have allowed him to build a reputation as a dedicated and fierce representative of his clients’ interests.
Mr. Girard advocates for institutional and individual investors in their legal disputes. He has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients from a majority of the biggest Wall Street brokerages. He also represents securities professionals in their employment disputes with broker-dealer firms. His representative matters have included wrongful termination cases, unfair business practices claims and FINRA regulatory matters. In one case, Mr. Girard secured a $3.7 million arbitration award against a FINRA member in California on behalf of individual brokers.
Dedicated to his profession, Mr. Girard is actively involved in multiple legal organizations. His memberships include the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the Italian American Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the National Association of Independent Brokers-Dealers, Inc.
From 2015 through 2017, Mr. Girard was named to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, and for three consecutive years (2012-2014) he was selected to the Southern California Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine, a designation earned by less than 2.5% of attorneys under the age of forty.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Los Angeles County Bar Association | Business Litigation Section
- Italian American Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
Presentations and Publications
- “Financial Advisors Seminar: Safeguard Your Career” | March 2015
- “Guilty Until Proven Innocent – What You Need to Know About FINRA Arbitration” | National Association of Independent Broker-Dealers (NAIBD) | September 2009
- “Equity-Indexed Annuities” | National Association of Independent Broker-Dealers (NAIBD) | January 2006